Automotive Plant Manager
Job Code (9629)
Location: Cleveland, TN
Salary: $170,000.00 - $175,000.00
The Plant Manager oversees all plant operations to ensure all customer requirements are met on the plant floor on a timely basis. This position will direct and coordinate activities of the company operation/plant to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits.
Plant Manager Duties & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the plant operational activities to ensure the safety of associates, high product quality standards and production schedules are met so that the P&L is positively managed at or below budgeted cost to established specifications.
· Responsible for meeting budgets and managing financial results.
· Able to manage key KPI metrics and characteristics to identified operational targets.
· Analyzes plant budget to identify areas in which reductions can be made.
· Responsible for the objectives necessary to meet production, quality and plant safety standards.
· Responsible for managing the overall Plant activities, including P&L performance.
· Influence positive change and continuous improvements using Lean, TPS, and trained problem solving methodologies.
· Direct changes in methods, planning and processing required to meet or exceed forecasts and control costs.
· Ensures compliance with all safety procedures and ensures safe working procedures in assigned production areas.
· Responsible for continuous improvement activities for the plant.
· Ensure customer requirements are met on a continual basis.
· Proactively work with customers to resolve issues.
· Leads in the professional development of operational leaders.
· Develops and executes manufacturing strategy delivering on committed financial performance and customer service.
· Follows safety regulations and enforces compliance with company safety rules and regulations.
Education and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) is required.
· Must have recent experience managing an Automotive manufacturing plant.
· Trained or certified in Lean Manufacturing or Toyota Production System and/or other problem solving methodologies.
· Strong record of selecting and developing very competent professional staff.
· Track record of delivering strong continuous improvement results.
· Must have proficient knowledge of profit loss statements and balance sheet financial reporting.
· Proven record of implementing and operating within data driven or metrics driven management systems.
· Familiar with TS-16949 policies and procedures.
· New Program Launch experience required.
· Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
· Ability to motivate a team environment, help drive results, and delegate authority to subordinate personnel.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
· Metals experience preferred.