Director of Materials Supply Chain
Pine Bluff AR / Stuttgart greater area
Bonus: 15% Yes
Car Allowance: Yes
Small town Water sports, Hunting, community
ENVIRONMENT: Single Industrial Equipment Manufacturing Assembly Facility
Similar industries: Heavy earth moving equip, Appliance, HVAC, Auto, Generator
Position open due to retirement
Position has 7 reports
3 shifts – just under 1,000 employees
1M square feet facility
The Director, Materials is responsible for the planning, production scheduling, and procurement of all purchased components, raw materials and finished products required in the production and delivery of commercial customer requirements within Commercial manufacturing in plant facility.
This position is responsible for the receiving, stocking and delivery of all materials required to support Commercial Product Production and for the planning and execution of the master production schedules.
This role manages factory employees and is responsible for all capital and resource planning, material handling, warehousing and the timely/cost effective distribution/delivery of finished products.
This position oversees the transportation team.
• Develop and maintain a factory master schedule for all Assembly Lines.
• Coordinates with corporate commodity buyers and locally selected suppliers to ensure supply of materials for production
• Manages the receipt, storage and delivery of all purchased, raw and fabricated materials
• Directs the activities of senior buyer’s planning, negotiating and procurement and expediting of all necessary materials to support commercial production schedules
• Responsible for the purchase and management of non-finished materials
• Responsible for managing non-finished inventory (working capital)
• Responsible for the preparation and management of all Material Departmental financial budgets
• Responsible for departmental ISO and SOX requirements
• Warehouses/manages finished goods
• Manages/oversees salaried and hourly personnel
• Provide hands on project management and coordinates multiple projects with the leadership stakeholders.
• Creates project plans, timelines, critical paths, and milestones. Perform cost-benefit evaluation for all assigned projects to define potential financial, business, and industry impacts of initiatives.
• Advisor to senior leadership on the continuous improvement strategy and transformation to tactically deploy Lean transformation.
• Successful, 7+ year track record in large, single site industrial manufacturing organizations
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or Finance.
• Self-motivated, resourceful and entrepreneurial, demonstrating willingness for learning and improvement
• Previous experience in strong Lean environments utilizing techniques such as “One Piece Flow” and T.P.M techniques to drive the Scheduling and Materials processes.
• Well-developed quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and critical thinking skills
• Strong influencing and communication skills; capable of securing management buy-in, sponsorship and investment through strong articulation of business benefits aligned to broader organizational objectives
• Skilled with the use of Microsoft and other business software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SAP, etc.
• Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills that result in effective communications.
• Exceptional presentation skills to senior executives.
• Able to motivate and lead teams to achieve goals.