This is a Senior Corporate development position for Consumer Packaged Goods. This critical role is for top talent who can perform and deliver results at truly exceptional levels for a global CPG manufacturer with a portfolio of brands marketed in almost 200 countries.
As a manager in the Corporate Development Group, this role will help in the development and execution of acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures. The role will support the Company’s global M&A priorities. This role is an excellent opportunity to join a small team that influences long-term company-wide investment initiatives. This role provides a unique opportunity to interact with the Leadership Team and other top leaders in the company and has an ability to positively impact the business and all its stakeholders.
• Collaborate across the company to help assess and prioritize M&A transactions to best align with corporate strategy and growth objectives
• Participate in and lead certain aspects of transaction execution including project management, due diligence and valuation. Work closely with business teams, internal functional experts (eg. legal, accounting, tax, etc.), and outside advisors to support execution
• Take primary responsibility for development of financial projections for merger and acquisition opportunities. Perform detailed financial analysis; develop comprehensive pro forma financial models, valuation analysis, and synergy models in support of potential transactions
• Responsible for creating and delivering high quality presentation materials and reports to business unit leaders and senior corporate executives
• Assist and support post-acquisition integration by ensuring that cross-functional teams are all executing on their respective M&A integration plans
• Support the preparation of marketing materials and facilitating diligence, as required. Draw conclusions from data to make recommendations that contribute to the success of the Company’s inorganic growth initiatives
BA/BS with top-tier academic background. 4-8 years of experience at an investment bank, private equity, venture capital or corporate development group from a major CPG company
• Strong quantitative and analytic skills. Advanced modeling skills, with ability to work with others in complex tasks and review work products. Ability to synthesize data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
• Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic environment, managing both internal and external resources; flexibility to manage projects across time zones and adapt certain approaches to different cultures and working styles
• Broad financial acumen including a strong foundation in accounting and corporate finance principles (comprehensive understanding of valuation methodologies)
• Desire to learn about the dynamics and trends of the global food industry. Intellectual curiosity, and passion to build a best-of-class M&A brand
• Willingness to challenge assumptions and the status quo to help establish best practices and leading M&A capabilities as a team