Supplier Quality Engineer
Job Code (3179)
$70,000.00 - $85,000.00
Award Winning Manufacturer Metal Fabrication process
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES:
· The Supplier Quality Engineer is a key member of the Quality team with primary responsibilities for APQP activities and PPAP for new projects, continuous improvement of vendors and suppliers of materials, products and / or services.
· This individual is the technical liaison between purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and our suppliers.
· Lead APQP and Continuous Improvement Activities.
· Audit suppliers for conformance to quality requirements and identify opportunities and weaknesses in processes, delivery, and requirements…and to develop and implement corrective actions.
· Regular communication with vendors to develop, implement and document improvements, drive SCAR’s to closure. Organize and track issues to ensure or improve timely progress on supplier deliverables.
· Responsible for leading problem solving, root cause analysis and skill development at suppliers using Six Sigma tools such as statistical data analysis, Fishbone, 5-Why, 8D, etc.
· Provide guidance and direction in the use of Quality Systems and tools such as Process Flow diagrams, PFMEA, Work Instructions, Control Plans, SPC, and MSA techniques.
· BS degree in Quality, Mechanical Engineering, Business or related field.
· Minimum 5 years Manufacturing Supplier Quality Experience in plastics & metal fabrications in a high volume manufacturing environment
· Prefer strong Metals Background
· SQ certification CQE, CMQ/QE strongly preferred
· Willingness to travel 10 – 25% with occasional international travel
· Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Experience. (Six Sigma Black Belt Preferred)
· Knowledge of GD&T & SPC
· Demonstrated knowledge and competence in machining, stamping, welding, castings, forging and/or assembly operations.
· Demonstrated project management skills
· Working knowledge of ISO 9001
· Competency in drawing interpretation, spreadsheet analysis database research, and presentation skills
· Dedication to continuous improvement quality improvement